Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Hot Dogs
How can you go wrong with cheese and bacon? The short answer, you can’t. So why not combine the two? One of our favorite go-to meals is bacon-wrapped, cheese-stuffed hot dogs. Sounds a little complicated, but they are actually so simple and so delicious!
Only a few ingredients are required:
- Hot dogs - we like to get beef brats that are a little higher quality than regular cheap hot dogs
- Cheese sticks - we use Sargento Mozzarella String Cheese, but any kind of cheese would be amazing!
With these three simple ingredients, you can make an amazingly simple and delicious meal!
- Cut an incision down the length of the hot dog.
- We also cut our cheese sticks in half, but you could leave them whole or cut them into quarters. Put the cheese into the incision in the hot dog.
- Wrap the hot dog and cheese in a piece of bacon.
- At this point, you can use toothpicks to secure the bacon to the hot dog if you would like, but you don’t have to. Once the bacon starts to harden while cooking you can remove the toothpicks.
- You can either bake the hot dogs in oven or cook them on the grill. We prefer them from the oven, because the pan helps crisp the bacon a little better. When you cook them in the oven, set it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and check them after 15 minutes and flip them. They should be done once the bacon is crispy, about 20-25 minutes total.