Top 10 Camping Essentials to Bring on the First Camping Trip of the Season
Whether you’re a seasoned camper or a first-time trailer owner, loading up the trailer or motorhome for the first trip of the season is always a daunting task. Did I remember everything? Did I get enough snacks? Uh oh, I think I forgot forks.
Well there is no need to panic anymore, because we are here to save the day with our Essentials Checklist for the first trip of the summer. No more running to the closest Walmart or eating your steak with a spoon, because your trailer/motorhome will be stocked with all of the necessary items for your perfect adventure with this simple checklist, and we did all of the hard work for you! We’ve talked to every camping-loving family we know to gather a list of the top 10 essentials you can’t forget, and we are going to share it here!
- Utensils - It is so easy to forget to refill the spoons, forks, or knives, but it’s not so easy to eat your meals without them. Don’t forget to restock these important items for the season!
- Bowls and plates - Along the same lines, it isn’t so easy to eat your dinner without a plate to eat it on.
- Spices - A lot of spices you use for cooking will go bad if they are left in the trailer for the winter, so many people bring them in. But don’t forget to bring them back out for the summer! We wouldn’t want your first cooking experience of the camping season to be bland and spice-less.
- Clothes and jackets - Some people may leave a set of clothes in the trailer permanently, while others may bring out what they need before each trip. Either way, it is important to make sure the clothes you plan to wear fit, and that you will be properly dressed for the weather. It is easy to assume that the weather will be nice because summer is starting, but don’t forget some heavy jackets and rain gear, especially for Memorial Day weekend!
- Blankets and pillows - It is important to bring good quality pillows and plenty of blankets to help you get a good night’s sleep during your vacation.
- Slippers - Slippers save lives when camping. Camping is all about relaxing, and lacing up your tennis shoes every time you want to hang out in your camp chairs doesn’t sound too relaxing. Enter slippers! I like to keep a dedicated pair of slippers in the trailer for all of our camping adventures. That way, I don’t worry about wearing them around the fire and getting a little smoke smell on them. Slippers come in so handy to help me relax and feel the most comfortable.
- Toilet paper - Don’t forget to restock the essentials, like toilet paper, paper towels, and other cleaning supplies!
- Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash - It’s so easy to run out of these everyday items and forget to refill them in your trailer or motorhome! Do a quick little check to make sure you have enough of these essentials to keep yourself smelling and feeling a little cleaner on your camp out.
- Snacks, snacks, and more snacks - Is it even camping if you don’t have all the snacks you could possibly eat? We don’t think so! Some of our favorite snacks include Jello cups with whipped cream on top, girl scout cookies, fun size candy bars, and of course, s’mores!
- Your personalized swag from Happy Camper Place - Of course you can’t forget to throw in your personalized camping flag, pillow or sign! Bringing along your favorite personalized items from Happy Camper Place will help you and your friends and family feel the most welcome on your relaxing get-away.
There you have it, the 10 most important things to bring on your first camping trip of the season! Don’t forget these camping essentials on your next camping trip!
Be sure to reach out to us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, email, or the comments section below! Also, check out our website at happycamperplace.com.